On Thursday, 9 Joumada I 1445, corresponding to November 23, 2023, a Council of Government, chaired by Mr. Aziz Akhannouch, was devoted to deliberating on a number of draft legal texts and proposals for appointment to senior positions in accordance with Article 92 of the Constitution.
Press release (Arabic version) in the annexes
At the beginning of the work of this Council, the Head of Government affirmed the commitment to the comprehensive reform of the education system and the motivation of the teaching staff to carry out their duty in the best way, recalling that education for the government is a fundamental pillar to promote the building of the social state and the Morocco of development, as aspired by His Majesty King Mohammed VI, may God assist him.
In this context, the Head of Government stressed that dialogue is the only way to achieve reform, find effective solutions and address the problems raised. To reflect this, the Head of Government invites the trade unions to hold a sectoral dialogue session next Monday. He stressed the government's readiness to consolidate channels of dialogue in order to find solutions to ensure the quality of public schools.
- Subsequently, the Government Council deliberated and approved two draft decrees, submitted by Ms. Ghita Mezzour, Minister Delegate to the Head of Government in charge of Digital Transition and Administration Reform, namely:
- First: Draft Decree No. 2.23.1000 amending and supplementing Decree No. 2.04.426 of 16 Dou al-Qi'dah 1425 (December 29, 2004) determining the list of holiday days for which wages are paid in industrial and commercial enterprises, liberal professions, agricultural and forestry exploitations.
- Second: Draft Decree No. 2.23.688 amending and supplementing Decree No. 2.77.169 of 9 Rabii I 1397 (February 28, 1977) determining the list of holiday days allowed for holidays in public administrations, public institutions, and concessional services.
- The Government Council continued its work by deliberating and approving the draft decree No. 2.23.980 amending and supplementing Decree No. 2.16.773 of 28 Chaaban 1438 (May 15, 2017) determining the composition, terms of reference and modalities of the petitions committee, presented by Mr. Mustapha Baitas, Minister Delegate to the Head of Government in charge of Relations with Parliament – Government Spokesman.
- Following that, the Council of Government deliberated and approved the draft decree No. 2.23.961 renewing the license granted to "MORATEL S.A" by decree No. 2.03.193 of 20 Rabii I 1424 (May 22, 2003), also presented by Mrs. Ghita Mezzour, Minister Delegate to the Head of Government in charge of digital transition and administrative reform.
The Government Council concluded its work by deliberating and approving proposals for appointment to senior positions in accordance with article 92 of the Constitution.
At the level of the Ministry of Youth, Culture and Communication – Communication Department, the following were appointed:
• Mr. Mounir El Jirari , Director of Studies and Development of Communication Means.